2016 is the 25th anniversary year for Phallus Dei, who released their first infamous album "Pontifex Maximus" in 1991.
"Vapour Unwinds The Dolls" consists of 6 radical re-interpretations of the track "Will You Come Now" featuring John Walker (The Walker Brothers) and completes the previous remix album "Love, With The Tiniest Red Torch, Branded To Your Heart", that was released in 2011 by Big Blue Records.
1. Will You Come Now - Remix by Throbbing Wafle (7:03)
2. Will You Come Now - Remix by Phallus Dei featuring Aidan Casserly (6:30)
3. Will You Come Now - Remix by Dyane Donck (6:35)
4. Will You Come Now - Angelic Conversation Remix by Burial Hex (9:00)
5. Will You Come Now - Vapour Remix by Phallus Dei featuring Bart Maris (8:46)
6. Will You Come Now - Original Remix by Phallus Dei (5:30)
Active since 2000. Experimental sound structures wavering around industrial noise territory, often characterized by excessive layering of similar direct sources / samples, or constant integration of a Yamaha RM1X Sequencer.
Recent work has been more performative and based on mic'ed objects, including group ensembles, primal / conceptual vocal work, and soundtrack-flavored premises.
Alain Basso was a member of Denier Du Culte in the eighties. After several years and a few tapes, the three members followed their own way, Philippe Blanchard with Lieutenant Caramel and Actéon label, Sylvie Loquet with La Sonorité Jaune and S.J. Organisation label, and Alain Basso with Phaeton Dernière Danse and Dedali Opera label. Still active today in the field of electroacoustic music, Alain Basso had not released anything in more than fifteen years.